Friday, October 03, 2008

Patriotism and tainted milk scandal

After 11 years of the return of Hong Kong sovereignty to China, how do you tell others your identity? A Chinese, or a Hongkongese, or both?

Patriotism in China means loving the ultimate authority system of mainland, a dirty, corrupted system which allows tainted milk to poison their own next generation simply for the sake of fulfilling chimerical greed.

Can you love someone governs you but feeding you contaminated food? Can you accept someone who think it is appropriate to fake the public in the Olympic ceremony by replacing the little girl performer to a prettier one, for the sake of "maintaining the public image"?

Looking at that bureaucratic system of this country, I understand why independent thinking and honesty are precious.

To be, I feel ashame but I am a Chinese, I hope I can still be a Hongkongese, if Hong Kong can maintain its uniqueness and core values.

No comments: