Thursday, December 09, 2010

Christmas is all around

This is my first time making gingerbread cookies.


I have made around two dozens.  Many had been eaten up right after coming out from the oven by the three boys.  Others were 'decorated' by Lucas and Linus, and then the toppings (decorating gel/ icing and sprinkles) were licked up by the boys immediately, leaving the messy cookies on a plate.


These are six of my creations.  Since I am not a very experienced cook, I did not make the icing and decoration from the scratch, I bought the ready-to-use products from a supermarket.



I had made Christmas cookies last year but they were not gingerbread.  In this year, I was wondering why I didn't think about making this festive snack with ginger, then I searched for recipes on website, from www.allrecipes.com to some local blog, then I found one from a blogger called Kiki: http://kikitam16.mysinablog.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=386108


I had modified the recipe a bit since I didn't have some ingredients.  For example, I use grated ginger to replace ground ginger.


My kids and Jeff loved the cookies a lot.  They had wolfed all down within two days.  I should bake another 2 dozens for the approaching Christmas!


2 comments:

Prudence said...

I witnessed the last 2 pieces has been eaten by lucas and linus last friday, and lucas has shared a bite with me. Good boy!!

Anthrokiki said...

So how was the taste? Yummy?