Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spider web

Can you see a cloudy substance in the middle of this photo?  Guess what?  It was a complex, three-dimensional spider web weaved outside my reading room.  The creator was a not-so-nice-looking spider, with black and brown strips at all its legs (the tiny brownish spot in the middle).  It built this marvelous construction over a night.

I felt amazed by this scene.  That explained why recently not a single mosquito sneaking into our flat, I bet no flying objects could escape from this high-tech trapping system.  We should thank this Mr. Spider.  I was also grateful that it chose our windows to build his cozy home.  We didn't know each other but we share the same space.  Isn't it amazing?

However, this morning, one week after the web was constructed, it disappeared totally, without a trace.  I wonder if Mr. Spider had suddenly packed up the web into his petit backpack and started the journey to another destination.  You should have at least wave me goodbye, you know?

Anyway, Mr. Spider, bon voyage!!

1 comment:

Prudence said...

I love that spider web, coz I hate mosquitoes!!!