Tuesday, June 25, 2013

the perks of being a wallflower

I saw this book written by Stephen Chbosky in a bookstore.  Love the cover, then just bought it in a second.

I enjoyed reading it.  It reminds me all the perplexing and complicated feelings when I was in adolescence.

Charlie, is a high school boy in early 90s.  If he is a real person, he is a few years older than me, that means we are practically in the same generation.  I guess it is the cultural difference (or just me), Charlie seems to have a more dramatic school life than me, mine is much more simple.  I grew up in a girls' school, our school is smaller, I guess.  Most of us did not have drug problem, we did not drive, we did not go parties which always show in Hollywood films, where people always get stoned or drunken or make out in bedroom.  Yet, I understand how he felt.   It was definitely a poetic, yet miserable period of a person's life.

Sometimes, growing up is not fun, it can be struggling and painful, but a comfortable life is boring.  The most important thing is, we can make choice of our path, we are the person who decide who we are, and how we live.

No comments: