Monday, March 01, 2010

"Now you really look like a mom!"

Two weeks ago, I was standing in front of a kitchen sink, trying hard to remove chocolate stink from a mixing bowl, after making a chocolate lava cake.


My domestic helper looked at me, pointed to my nose and said I also got chocolate stink on my nose.  Then she laughed and said, "Now you really look like a mom."


"What do you mean?" I asked casually, and still kept concentrating on washing the dirty bowl.


"Last time when you were working, you always dressed nice and looked nice.  Now ar, your hair, you clothes are different, like... um... you don't care of how you look (anymore)."  She said.


I was really a bit shocked.  I believe at that moment, I looked pretty lousy -  messy hair,casual home wear with a dirty apron, and, chocolate on my face.  Secretly, looking like a washout mom is the last thing I want to be....


I just murmured something to reply.  I told her I didn't need to dress nice anymore because I didn't have to work in office then.


However, since that moment, I  don't allow myself to have a single second to look like a washout housewife with hand band holding all hair up!!!

No comments: