Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Natural beauty

Since my lovely friend Grace asked me to share the recipes of homemade masks I tried, I would like to post them here.  The 'serving' of the below recipes is one portion only.  Definitely, you can prepare more if your face is bigger or your hair is thicker or you are going to throw a DIY mask party with your friends.


I suggest to prepare a portion each time, since most ingredients are fresh and perishable.


I am not the one create these masks but I learn from some books, websites or 'old wisdom', I should thank to those who shared their recipes through different sources.


Recipes


Avocado yogurt mask -
Ingredient: 1/4 avocado and 1tbsp of plain yogurt (don't use any fruit flavor).
Steps: 1. mash the avocado, the finer the better, 2. Blend the puree with a scoop of plain yogurt. 3. Apply on your face for 10-15 minutes.4. Rinse with water
Effect: this mask moisturizes your skin efficiently, it will also leave a natural radiance on your skin, my no. 1 DIY mask.

Egg white mask:
Ingredient: 1 egg white, 1tsp of honey, a few drops of lemon juice (optional)
Steps: It's simple, just mix everything in a bowl and put on your skin. Once your feel the tightening effect as the egg white is drying up, rinse with water.
Effect: Brighten and tighten your skin

Olive hair mask -
Ingredient: 1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp yogurt
Steps: 1. Mix everything 2. Apply on hair thoroughly especially the ends of hair. 3. Wrap your hair with a warm towel or a bath cap and leave it for 15 minute. 4. Rinse with COLD water (otherwise you can see boiled egg yolk on your hair) 5. Shampoo and conditional as usual.
Effect: Soften and brighten your hair

My last note, same as those manufactured skincare products, some people would be allergic to some ingredients even they are natural, for example, I am slightly allergic to honey.  Therefore you should be aware of any itchiness or redness on your skin appear after use.

Wish you become a natural beauty.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I have tried the egg white one few times already, feel really smooth after that. Now waiting to try the avocado one! Thanks manki!

Anthrokiki said...

Hi Grace, it's great! I just applied the plain yoghurt for 15 minutes on face in another day, it tightened and deep cleaned my face, you can also try!