Friday, March 09, 2012

Au natural

I found this very interesting project through Mail Online: http://www.thenakedfaceproject.com/

Being a woman, I always feel empowered by makeup and perfume.  They give me confidence.  However, since the first week I wore make up everyday (it was right after the birth of my second baby), I felt there was no u-turn.  I felt insecure to go out without dabbing some foundation or at least tinted moisturizer on my face.  I am not the extreme one.  At least, I just wear very light make up, or nude make up (i.e. you wear make-up but it is as natural as no make up).  However, I know it is not psychological healthy.  It is just like a kind of compulsive obsession.

That's why this project caught my attention.

Frankly, I wouldn't join this project officially but I am impressed and inspired by the two founders.  I would try to use less beautifying products (actually, at they really effective or are they just giving users hope or good feeling?  Only the manufacturers know!).  It is a bit hard for me to go out with bare face at the moment, but I will reduce the number of things I put on my skin.  =)

No comments: