Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Last week was my movie's week, I've seen several movies - '2046', 'The unbearable lightness of being', and a documentary film, 'Secondary School'.

The script of '2046' is fair and I love the meaning behind this magic year (everything will keep unchanged because it is the 50th years since Hong Kong sovereignty returned to China). 'The unbearable lightness of being' is too 'heavy' for me, it is full of sorrow, it narrates how Czech was condemned by the political instability. The surface of the story is simply about the relationship between a womanizing surgeon, his wife and his lover, but it is also symbolised how Czech people suffering in the old days. While 'Secondary School' closly shot about two so-called Band 1 schools, one is my school St. Catharine's, another one is Ying Wah. The film brings out a lot of queries about the problematic education system in Hong Kong for audience to think about . It was funny that I saw lot of teachers whom I was familiar with in the movie.

All of these three films are in diversified categories but also reflected the weekness of human being or our system. I like all of them, but if I made a choice again, I would pick a comedy to enjoy during weekend.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

功夫! 正呀,我都好想易睇!