Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Grown-ups are weird

Last Friday my boss gave everyone a desktop Jelly Belly dispenser machine toy, with real Jelly beans contained.

Generally speaking, Jelly beans taste disgusting. Yesterday, I had one which tastes like red pepper, another tastes like peanut butter…yuck. It reminds me a famous quote from Forrest Gump - ‘life is like a box of chocolate…’

You may not imagine that a brown jelly bean will taste like peanut butter instead of chocolate, but once you realize it, you will be more careful next time when choosing the candies.

It is just like how we are choosing friends and even intimated partner(s). When you are young, we have guts to take adventures, you could still stand a flamy red color jelly bean which tastes spicy instead of strawberry sweet, but when you keep growing up, your expectation will be higher, you will no longer accept something awful and strive to improve the situation, then you will give up jelly belly and then embrace See's candy.

So far I still stand the jelly beans because they could still give me surprise; I just took one pink color with bubble gum taste.

Last night I saw ‘Taken’ in Pearl, that little girl Ellie with 1/4 blood from Alien said, ‘Grown-ups are weird.’

2 comments:

Prudence said...

O...a desktop Jelly Belly dispenser machine, it's cute, a good present! I think i will try at least 10 different colors jelly beans at once if I have a bag of jelly bean candies.

Yes, when we are keep growing up, our expectation will become higher. Now, I only eat ice-cream with high quality ! But some traditonal food also taste good, e.g. 光蘇餅, 山渣餅, 嫁女餅大蛋糕, 潮州薄餅, ...

Anonymous said...

yea, I would definitely agree....Have you read the books "The Little Prince" before, I am sure you did... I don't quite like the fact that I am now a grown-up, not even adolescent....there are so many uncontrollables to be an adult....

Sam