Monday, December 13, 2004

A nice and fruitful weekend.

Jeff and I supposed to accompany his mother to visit grandma in Guangzhou, but LokLok had to see doctor and we cancelled the trip. Recently my health condition was not good and my body delivered an alarm signal - I was almost faint in office, then I seized the chance to have a body check on Saturday. Thanks God the checking reflected that my body functioned very well so far.

Then Jeff brought me to Mr. Cheung, a Chinese medical practitioner his family knew for a long time. After about a minute of 'pulse checking', he said my body was imbalance, that explained why I had low blood pressure and other minor illness. Mr. Cheung advised me to take care of my body, not working too hard and being too pressurized. He thoughtfully told me that Hong Kong people work too hard for money, but they paid their health for the wealth in youth and used the wealth to exchange medicine and healing when they were old. Dedication is good, but sacrificing health and family for career success is not worth.

Seems that I had just attended an Philiosophy class, the topic was 'What is the meaning of life.'

Remember that 'Achieveing a balance of life' was a hit topic among the young executives in our company training, but when somebody raised this topic for discussion, someone in top management discouraged it, it really pissed me off.

At the same day, I popped into Anson Chan in PP, wow she is my role model, she looked so gorgeous and smart, she is a symbol of strong woman in this city.

At the same day, I found that The Princess Diary got the Volume 6 'The Princess Diary - sixsational'. I got the previous five, wondered that it would go so far to the sixth volume. I bought it without a second thought.

At the same day I had a lovely dinner with my dad, mom, Meiki and Jeff, dad was so glad because we ordered him the favourite lamb chop, and he could drink two cans of beer.

Today I went Yum Cha with my swimming friends, we had Christmas gift exchange, I got a bottle of Anna Sui Dolly Girl eau de toilette. =), nice scent!

Today Jeff sent me a little gift, it was a marble bracelet, with baby blue and baby pink beads, he said it could bring me good health. He is very very very sweet.

No comments: