Monday, April 25, 2005

What is going on??

After 24 hours, I will turn to 28 years old. When I was 20, I assumed a woman in her 28 will wear heavy make up everyday, with enormous dark eyes circle, is polished and become very diplomatic in term of communication.

When I was 23, I read an article called quaterly age crisis. People at 25 -30 will suffer from certain degree of psychological struggle, because nowadays, many of us received tertiary education, which postpones our working life, we have shorter time to achieve what people assume that should have in that age range, like having your first 1 million, reaching a middle to high management level, paying a mortgage and enjoying their golden time, etc, etc. However, most of us in 30 may not obtain the above list.

Frankly, sometimes I also could not get rid of such weird thoughts. I hate people call me young executive YE in the company. I know it is about the year of experience I worked in market research instead of my age, but come on, I am no longer a young little greenie, I had developed my value judgment and working style, don't try to squeeze me into any mold.

Anyway, I know I should be patience and dedicate to my work, as long as I still have great interest in this field. Remember that I submitted the application letter of my present job in my 27th birth date. I believed that it would good luck, and, the wish was being fulfilled. It was a sharp turning point for me, so far I still feel it is a bless.

And, in my 27, I made another quite critical decision - to move out from my parent-in-law house and live with Jeff independently. I feel that I become braver and adventurous, I accept the challenge of moving out. So far, it is not as harsh as we supposed, somehow, I do enjoy the housework.

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with my daddy, mommy, MeiKi and Jeff. We had a delicate dinner in Rice Paper, TST. The interior design was fabulous. My parent bought me a stylish CYMA watch, and MeiKi sent me a girlish French Kitty porch.

What will Jeff give me for my 28 birthday?

The last thing is, I want to give Mommy a big hug and thank to her wholeheartly that she delivered me to the world with great pain on April 27, 1977. After that day, my mommy and daddy lives were totally changed. It was amazing! And I should say thanks to my Daddy also, I am so proud of him that he sacrificed a lot for my growth and makes my life illuminated.

1 comment:

Prudence said...

小時候總覺得28歲是一個特別的年齡,沒有什麼原因,純粹直覺,總覺得28歲是人生的一個新階段,應該更加多采多姿!
祝你生日快樂呀!日日都咁開心!
Meiki