Wednesday, August 17, 2005

In between the papers

After indulging myself in two fairy-tale type novels - 'Daddy long legs' and 'Dear Enemy' in last few weeks, now I am reading another fabulous book 'The curious incident of the dog in the night-time' by Mark Haddon.

I bought it from the book fair with pretty good discount offer.

When I read this book during the first night, a book worm crawled out from the papers, I mean it literally, a tiny brown colour book worm walked on my forearm, I want to keep it as a pet, as I had plenty of books to feed it, but I was scratching my head to find a shelter for it, then I pressed it by my thumb, it became book worm puree.

This book is about the everyday life of Christopher John Francis Boone, a student of special school, a mathematic genius, a 16 years old boy with behavioral problem. He has several captivating ideas, one of them is about 'prime number as a life'.

Christopher feels that prime number is logical but you could only find them by removing all the numbers with pattern, you could never work out a formula to calculate them, even you spent all time of your life.

Is genius always weird?

1 comment:

Prudence said...

數學就像是人類的另一個世界,很神奇!