Monday, February 12, 2007

Who will be in the leading role II

You should not prepare nothing before the show, even you are a genius... not to mention you are not actually.

This is what comes to my mind during today's the phone review.

We had completed all the backstage work by Friday evening and Jelly had done all the preparation for the conference call over the weekend. However, that hopeless big head in another side really wants to play the leading role, despite that he hasn't gone through the whole report at all. He told the client that he didn't go through the whole deck because the second part I sent him before could not get through his email as the server was broken down on Friday.

Then my client asks him why he didn't check his email on Saturday and Sunday.

He embarrasses himself even during part 1 (the part he admitted he had received) - I can tell you the quality of the report is excellent, we even wrote all the insight and commentary for the charts, but he just presents crab!!! He says something that contradicting to the finding, or simply read aloud what Jelly wrote...

When Jelly rescued him or correct what he said, he just replies: ' right, this is the point I am going to make.'

You know what, I also feel embarrassing because he is one of the big heads in my company. How can a person in such senior position delivering such poor quality review to the client?? He is already very lucky because we are having phone conference instead of face-to-face on-site presentation, otherwise I think what can rescue him is a hole on the ground which eats him up suddenly.

This is a good piece of learning for me - You should not prepare nothing before the show, even you are a genius... not to mention you are not actually.

No comments: