Monday, July 07, 2008

Never feel shame because you are lucky

Today our highness offered a lecture to all of us. He is a believer of only-those-who-suffer-would-be-succeeded.

I know where he is from, but I could not totally agree with his ideology. It is not necessary to feel guilty because I have not suffered, such as having a difficult childhood or experienced poverty. Besides, having a blissful life does not make a person more vulnerable or less determinate. Being a parent, apart from polishing my kids in harsh way, I think LOVE is the much more effective way to cultivate a pure heart. LOVE give them the confidence and faith to face all challenges. LOVE is different from SPOILED.

Our highness said, if possible, we should send our kids to army to receive training, to let them feel the pains. I will not do this, I will tell them - 'love peace, no war!'

2 comments:

charles said...

charles223csuffer=sucess would be?
enjoy=failure would be?
wrong equation

Jeffrey said...

I just agree that "valuation education" is important to everyone, but i don't agree that to educate in this way. not everything you need to suffer to understand it, such as peace,you don't need to join a war to understand it.
"valuation education" just like other education is a day-by-day education, it is hard to belive you can undestand or have something big changes after a money based summary camp plus 愛國教育 held in mainland china.