Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mamma Mia

Today I am slightly better, the sore in throat seems vanishing, but still have dizzy feeling.

I have seen Mamma Mia last Friday and the melodies of those golden songs swirling my head always. I have seen the broadway show in Hong Kong several years ago, this movie is also captivating.

I love the two main casts – Meryl Streep (Donna) and Amanda Seyfried (Sophie). Meryl is 59 years old this year but she is just gorgeous. Self confidence is always the attraction of women in this age. I read something about “aged gracefully” from some articles before. Surely Meryl can achieve this.

Amanda fits the character of Sophie a lot, she looks mischievous and sweet, and her voice is the best in the movie. I can hardly believe she was one of the mean girls in the movie Mean Girls (2004) before. Definitely she is more charming in her honey tone skin.

This is a movie for everyone but I have a strong feeling it is more for women, a very feminine film about friendship, love and family – from female point of view.

I also spot that since the past decade women play more positive and wise roles in sitcoms and movies. Female are no longer just subordinate or sex objects of the main male characters, instead, some of them independent, intelligent, at the same time they don't lose the characteristic of women, they are sensitive and emotional.

I think all these changes are caused by the improvement of economic independence of women overall, and the increase of participation in the movie/ TV show production – not only in acting, but in directing and production, which make the world more interesting.

No comments: