Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Being a stay home mom and a freelancer

It had been already eight and a half months of being a stay home mom and a freelancer.  I am getting used to this living style.  Despite sometimes I would still worry about my career development and had a dose of anxiety of my self identity, that 'sometimes' is getting less frequent than the first quarter.


A coin has two faces, whatever you choose, you still need to pay an opportunity cost.  This is the most fundamental rule in Microeconomics.  You should pay an opportunity cost because you have choices.  And, you know what, it is very lucky that you have choices.  Many people live the way and they are suffering from it because they have no choices, they are trapped.


Several days ago I reviewed my previous entries (how weird I am, wakakakak), one entry is about quarterly age crisis.  There are many girls who are crisis chicks, that means they suffer from quarterly age crisis.  One of the obvious evidence that a person has this 'syndrome' is she worries always she would make a wrong decision that would screw up her life.  I joked that I had this exact characteristic.


I am 33 year-old, interesting, that kind of anxiety does not bother me as much as before, if not anymore.  I am more confident to make a decision and more adventurous to try new things.  It is because I believe there should not be any wrong decision if you make it with second thought, and no one knows what a choice end up leads you to, or, I should put it in this way, you are mainly the one who lead your life to, not a choice itself.


I treasure my time being with my kids, they need me so much.  I am glad that I can give them both time and love during the period they need me most.  What is more, I have more time for myself, to understand myself.  It sounds ridiculous that I don't understand myself enough, but it did!


Thanks the technology, it is good for me to have a space to share my happiness with you!  Cheers! 

No comments: