Sunday, January 05, 2014

A confession of a cream freak

I confess I am a cream freak.  Precisely, I am a skincare freak. Some people obsess in clothes, bags, shoes, my obsession is to skincare products.  I know that to achieve healthy skin, you don't need much chemical on your face.  Be natural, don't expose under the sun too much, eat well and sleep well can already make you radiant.

However, obsession is obsession.  My recent interest is in bb/ cc creams.  Frankly, those bb or cc or even dd cream naming is some brand and marketing strategies, each brand tries to differentiate itself with a new name/ concept of their products.  To me, bb/cc/dd creams from western brands are no more than tinted moisturisers, for those from Asian market are actually light foundations, with a fancy all-functions-in-one-bottle concept.

No matter what do they call, I do not put a layer of bb/cc/dd cream or tinted moisturiser on my bare face.  Instead, I put it after my day cream.  So far, the products on the right hand side are my favourites, let me list out their benefits below:

1. By Terry Eclat de Rose sheer tinted moisturiser
Pros: I used this even before bb cream was popular. The texture is great, it feels like a skincare product more than a cosmetic item.  It gives me rosy and glowing result. It is so light that I don't feel anything on my face.  I love to use it during weekend or when I have a casual night out as a light foundation.

Cons: Very expensive.  There is almost no coverage, therefore I will only use it when my skin is fair, and in autumn/ winter when my skin tone is relatively light.  Also, I guess there is no SPF protection.

2. Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB cream and BB cream starter
Pros: I have had the BB cream (beige one) first then the starter (pink one) later.  I used the former one alone and it is good enough in summer time.  It helps me to achieve the unique dewy- Korean-pop-star-skin tone (I hope you know what I mean).  When I blend it with the starter, the texture is even lighter and the tone is more natural.  My hubby thinks I look cute after I put on them.  It can also cover some imperfections.  They replace my 'traditional' foundation.

Cons: Not very long lasting, and it blocks my pores a bit if I use it everyday.

3. Olay tone correcting cc cream
Pros: I have just bought this bottle last weekend.  It is actually my first Olay product.  Surprising, it sort of fulfils my need during the days I just need to send/pick up kids to/from school bus, or walk around the neighbourhood, it is not necessary to me to wear a make up but I still hope I look pull together.  This is not a light foundation at all but a moisturiser with pigments and SPF 15 protection.  I feel comfortable with it on my skin, and it provides a sheer but not greasy look.  After a few days of usage, there is no blemish developed.

Cons: No coverage at all (but I don't mind).  Not sure if it is suitable for me in summer.

Hope everyone looks more beautiful in 2014!! XXX



No comments: