Monday, November 07, 2005

Yellow Stone Pier

Haven’t barbequed for quite a long time, but in the last two consecutive weekends, I BBQ-ed with my in-law family and my colleagues.

Surely, the BBQ with my colleagues in my same age range was much funnier and interesting. We had a wonderful Saturday in Yellow Stone Pier, Sai Kung. The weather was extremely beautiful and also the scenic sea view. Comforting sea breeze and tasty food did not only attract all of us but also some cows and oxen. They invaded our area and swallowed some of our sweet potatoes and grilled food. One aggressive ox even ate the whole glass of honey!!! When it pushed the glass of honey to the ground and licked up whatever on the soil, I screamed loudly, it just did all these things two feet in front of me. It should be extremely hungry. Around 7:00pm we left the site, and then all those ‘grass eaters’ dragged out our rubbish bag from the bin and started their big ‘harvest’….

That night, I returned to my in-law home to have a dinner. When I saw how they humbly ‘served’ the baby for a dinner in such a ‘royal’ and ‘prestigious’ way, and how the baby refused to eat, I told myself that it was just another vivid example to demonstrate this world was extremely unfair.

No comments: