Monday, January 02, 2006

A great year ahead!

Dear readers, may I wish you have a joyful 2006.

My new year started with a wonderful party with my family.

On Dec 31 evening, we gathered in my parent's home to celebrate the new year and also my mom and dad's birthday. I made an Oreo cake for them. This was the first time we had such a serious birthday party for my parents.

In the party, we also had a gift exchange event. Obviously, my parents, aunt and uncle were the most exciting one during the program. My dad chose the biggest gift literally, he supposed the biggest the best! I bet that he supposed it was a bottle of wine! But turned out, it was a towel and slippers set! His mouth curled downward when he unwrapped the gift.

After that, some of them played Mahjong. And me, my sister, my little cousin and my mom sat together to see all of our 'historical' photos. We kept many albums through out the decades, from my parent's wedding to my wedding. We laughed a lot as we wondered what a big change we had in these years. We passed over various periods, from a delicate little girl, to a 'sturdy' but miserable adolescence, to a normal grown up. This was the best review by the end of the year I ever had.

Then, very old fashioned, we had the counted down in front of the TV during mid-night, and sent bliss and wishes to each others.

Happy new year to you all, wishing for the world peace and no war!

Pic 1: A bunch of gift - this were the gifts we received. I got a DIY calendar, Jeff had a lovely pot

Pic 2: Oreo cake - A birthday cake for my parnets, it didn't look very nice, but it tasted fantastic!

1 comment:

Prudence said...

Same as last year, I'm sick on the New Year's Eve! Next year, I will not skip the count down again!!!

For your orea cake, it's so delicious!!!

meiki