Tuesday, January 10, 2006

An unfortunate loyal customer

I am not a die hard fan of Delifrance, but I buy my take away lunch there about 3 times a week in average, because there are lack of choices for healthy food in North Point.

Unfortunately, today I got a god d$%^&*(*&^am 'rewards' from this French fast food restaurant (but with slow and inefficient service comparing with Cafe de Coral).

I bought a salad lunch set today which cost me HK$45. It is kinda expensive to me. I used to have sandwiches but today my impulse buying was definitely led by the impulse and irrational desire toward vegetable, that's why I spent the dollar stupidly to a pack of pre-made refrigerated vegetables, mayonnaise and cheese mixture.

When I opened the plastic bowl, I discovered that the bottom layer of vegetables were frozen, covered with frost, and a heartless label on the lid told me that the expiry date was today... Technically it was not expired at all, but I could tell this was definitely not fresh.

As I had to rush for a meeting, I had no time to go back to the restaurant to complain. And I also felt very disappointed that I did not even want to spend time to 'offer' a complaint to the restaurant, you know, I only complain to someone/something because I still have hope to it.

And this lesson teaches me, if I want to eat salad, it is better to make the salad by myself, because most restaurants have the same procedure to prepare salad as Delifrance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Delifrance, I found that it's quit expensive for the new menu. Daddy & Mammy said they will not have lunch at Delifrance so frequently!

meiki