Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Happy CNY 2006

Alright, after 4 1/2 days of CNY holiday, I am so satisfied and a bit exhausted.

I had a crazy shopping on Friday afternoon, as my company offered us extra 1/2 off. I should on behalf of HK to say thanks to my boss because their generousity helped the growth of HK economy on that day. Jeff and I went to the flower market at night, we bought some beautiful orchid to decorate our cozy little home.

On Saturday, we had a re-union dinner and stayed overnight in our parents-in-law's home.

On Sunday, the first day of the year of dog, all brothers-in-law and their families came to visit us. Everyone wore a nice Chinese traditional wear, funny funny. In the afternoon, we visited my dad and mom and had dinner with them at night.

Yesterday, we visited the biggest brother's family. We had a great outdoor 'Yum Cha' at Sai Kung beachside Chinese restaurant, it was fascinating.

Today, we had a walk at the Peak, wow the Peak was very crowded, it was almost as crowded as Mong Kok!!! Because I had gained more than 10 pounds from my pregnancy, I felt much more tired after the walk, but it was a really good aeobic exercise.

Before we went to the Peak, I had walked around the 'Page Two' (fake name) bookstore in the Festival Walk. When I was leaving, the security alarm rang. Jeff and I knew what happened already, the book 'Every boy got one' in my bag, which I bought from that bookstore several weeks ago, triggered the alarm. Although I experienced this many times before, solely in this bookstore, I still felt very embarrassed to take out my book and let the security guard to check, because people stared at me at checked whether I was a book thief of not.

Today is the third day of the new year. Traditionally, another name of today is 'Red Mouth', the old wisdom suggested that people should not visit each other on this day because quarrels happen easily. Well, seems we should believe to the custom. For that 'Became-a-book-thief-suspect' incident, Jeff and I felt extremely annoying. The security guard felt so sorry in the first place as he already knew the book I carried was bought quite some time ago because it did not look brand new. But we still rushed to the cashier and complaint to the staff. But guess what, one staff who looked quite senior (well, mature, or not young) explained to us arrogantly, 'Well we have already done what we should do, but the customers may do somethings and re-activate the alarm system. If our customers don't mind, they have to remove the security sticker by themselves.' Jeff attacked back, 'Don't you think this is your responsibility to avoid this happen and you should be the one to remove the sticker? I bet this had already happened many times to may customers before and your company should find some solution to solve the problem. You still want people to re-visit your bookstores again, right?' That bitch shut up but still was not convinced, then another younger girl apologized to us and put another sticker on the security sticker. I left the bookstore without saying a 'thank'. I wanted to say thank to the security guard as he looked so worried, as the incident was totally not related to him.

Anyway, I still enjoyed all four days.... and I haven't done any job I bought from office these days, which I supposed I should do so.... anyway, let tomorrow me to take care of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

manki, 甘你要派利是了

Anonymous said...

O...You didn't work at home finally! Actually I think u should enjoy the holiday, forget anything in the office la!

meiki