Monday, January 23, 2006

It drives me nut!!

Well, as an anthropology student, I always bear in mind that cultures have no hierarchy. No culture is superior or inferior than the others, every culture makes sense in its own environment.

But I cannot bear the culture in my company, which shares the idea of faked democracy amongst us - The bosses always blame how come we don't speak up what we really think, but once they know that our opinion is different from them, they suppress our thought in brutal ways.

This is a typical Asian based company. The bosses acts like parents, or even Kings, which have ultimate authority, what we should do, is to follow their 'orders'.

From their point of view, a good employee is an obedient employee, that is!!

Jesus, is it what market research 1001 taught them? Huh? I could not believe an industry which requires strong analytical skills would develop such culture. We should follow what our bosses want us to do even without a reason, and with no room for discussion at all.

So who could survive in the company, those suck-up rats!

And I felt sick for the appraisal. As I am not the immediate staff of my female boss, when I asked her to give me comment about my performance, she said she could not make any judgment on me as she did not know me well. So please tell me what is the ground for her to decide my salary increment level??!! Why didn't she consult my direct boss Jelly first about my performance in order to give me a fairer adjustment level. Maybe I could not work late every night as I am married and should spend some time to my husband, but it does not mean I do not work hard enough and get the reward I deserve.

Okay, now I am even pregnant, I am so perplexing, is married woman not that acceptable in Hong Kong working place??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Readers,

I truly share and feel what Gloria said in this blog.My hatre feeling is growing in a geometric way in just 3 days time. If you wanna know more about our barbaric company, feel free to visit my blog

www.xanga.com/samchan

My dearest Gloria, let's walk side by side to fight this enduring battle.