Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Becoming Jane


I've seen Becoming Jane last Friday, Jeff was with me. It's good that he didn't fall sleep even we watched the movie at 9:45pm.


I love Jane Austen a lot. Her first book I read is Jane Eyre when I was in Primary school.


I love the movie because I like Anne Hathaway a lot, even someone criticized she is not an ideal person to act Jane Austin as she carries no idiosyncrasy (thanks Sam for teaching me this word) of a witty British female writer in 18th century. Anne is my most favourite Hollywood actress since her 'Princess Diaries 1', the movie which made a breakthrough in her career path. She is never in drop-dead-gorgeous type but I just think she is cute.


After the movie, I asked myself, do I have gut to become Jane? To give up status and fortune in order to pursue my dream? A dream that no one believe you can achieve?


The best quote of this movie is from Jane's mother. When Jane turned down the proposal of Mr. Wisley, her mother was furious and said 'Affection is desirable, but money is absolutely indispensable!' Oh, she reminded me the figures in my bank account, the credit card payment... ahhhhh.

No comments: