Thursday, January 24, 2008

What is unexpected when you are expecting

I can surely write a book about unexpected things when you are expecting... I did have no idea that this 2nd baby is so eager to meet us before Chinese New Year.

He is born in the year of Pig.

On Monday morning, when I was suffering Monday blue in my dream, I felt the contraction around 5am. Around 8 something, I was planning to call office for a half day sick leave. Around 9:00am, we called the hospital, nurses suggested us to have a check in hospital. Around 10am, I was tied next to a 'machine', and they could check the regular pattern of contraction, an important sign of labouring.

Around 11am, my doc confirmed me I was almost ready for the delivery, but as baby was premature, she tried to delay the process by medicine.

The medicine bought 2-day time only, finally adventurous Linus rushed out to meet this world around 5pm yesterday.

Can you imagine how I feel in these several days? We all worry about his health, after all, he is premature. Thanks god everything is so far so good!

My doc told me secretly she had prayed for me!!! Thanks a lot!!

And thanks my family, you all support me a lot.

The most important person is Jeff, you walk me through the whole tough process, you give me the courage to face all these.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrulations Man-ki! You are the mother of 2 children already. Reading your story is really touching for me because I just thought "You are not the little Man-ki we met in the past already" I believed you have much experience in your life and you are very happy with your family! Take care and keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!Manki, so proud of you, a super mom! Will see u after I come back! Take care!