Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Parenting is totally exhaustive

I did not write any entries the past week because I was busy at work, and I was even more busy at home. Apart from my full time office work, I have taken a part time job - parenting in evenings and weekends.

Exhaustiveness can create anxiety and frustration. Jeff and I had several little fights over the weekend, always for minor things - such as buying a book or not, some mindless comments, etc.

It is not worth to ruin our relationship simply because we burn out by the two kids. We believe babies can bring us joy and new sparkles in the first place. I kept reminding myself to appreciate instead of blaming this perfect teammate. Yes, we work as a team. It sounds not very romantic, but it is the fact.

To remind ourselves to perceive each other not only a pair of super parents, we had a date on Saturday night - we watched Sex and the City in the Elements. I was the one who drove to the shopping mall from home, with the amber rain signal hosted.

The movie was great and as hilarious as usual. I am envy on the quad - these four 40-50 years old ladies, how can they maintain the friendship after all these years? In Manhattan? I do not hang out with girls a lot. I hang out with boys always - two small and one big..... but I am sure going out with girls is fun!

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

好倦,但依然好開心