Thursday, April 09, 2009

Be a good cook

I remember when I was still Jeff’s girl-friend, he told me one day a husband is a lucky husband if his wife can cook great……

Frankly, I rarely walked into the kitchen except searching for food in refrigerator before 26 years old. My mom is a fantastic mom who can look after the household, make remarkably delicious food, and work full time at the same time. She seldom asked us to help housework. It was because; she wants us to spend time on our study.

At that time, I usually thought, it does not matter I do not know how to cook, as long as I earn enough money to hire someone to do it.

However, when Jeff told me about his thought, I was a bit embarrassed, and a bit frustrated, but I agreed with him wholeheartedly.

Several years later, I became a mother; at that time I did feel that I should know how to cook. Kids with a mom good at cook are very lucky; I want my children to be as lucky as me. Therefore every weekend if I have chance to make meals, I will try my best to do it.
Frankly, I am still at the semi-skilled cook level, but I will learn bit by bit. Being a good cook is one of my goals.

No comments: