Tuesday, February 15, 2005

HI I AM BACK

Hello, I've completed my US trip and took a flight on Valentine's Day yesterday. I wrote my diary in the notebook and now I tranfer it to this blog to share with you. Yesterday was a special valentine's day because it is the first time for us to celebrate in the plane, and we were so lucky to see the aurora/polarlight through the window when our plane passed through the sky above north pole, it was extremely amazing!!!

I almost forgot that today is the 9th 'dating' anniversary of Jeff and me, I could not believe that we had stayed together for a almost a decade. Jeff urged me to take one more day off for today, he said it helped me to sooth the jet lag, now I know the real meaning at behind... I am so absent mind!!! We plan to go out for a candle-light dinner, but we were very lazy and I sleep almost a whole day and even skipped the lunch. Finally we had the dinner at home. But guess what, it is still very sweet!!

Let see my diary on Feb 14 as below:

********************************************************
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY

I'm now celebrating Valentine's Day in the plane, with my beloved husband sitting beside me. This is the second Valentine’s Day after we got married. I find Jeff is more and more important to me, I should thank god that I could have such a great soul mate to walk the path with me.

In this US pilgrimage, I saw snow from my naked eyes, it is not so cool to admit it but this is the first time for me to see snowing. The cotton like snowflakes fell from the sky, they are so soft and pure and make me think about marshmallow.

The trip is very intensive, actually I did not get enough rest, yet my mind can be free and wandering the continent with no hinders. I had more time to do the retrospection of my life. Jeff and I had a long talk with respectful Uncle Kent about our family and career life. He inspired me to evaluate my working bee life, and he asked me to treasure the new married life, he believed the couple should have the sweetest time in the first few years of the marriage. I think I have sweet and joyful time with Jeff when we are together, and quality instead of quantity we should concern with, but I feel that it is quite unfair for Jeff because I work too late for my job, and I could not leave the work burden after I leave my office. Jeff gives me unconditional support and with great patience, but it doesn’t mean he enjoys it.

After the late night chat I think about the current situation again and again, but I think it more positively than before, and it also makes me understand myself more. Sometimes I am too idealistic and once I could not get something I suppose I deserve, I will collapse, and then I make someone who cares me suffer and the problems could not be solved. In this new year, I will try my best to fine tune my style, and I will not attach too much emotion to my job again, I will try to manage others’ expectation, but once they do not appreciate and do something that beyond my borderline, I should learn to cope with it instead of making myself painful.

And, I hope I could spend more time to my family. I am surely not the type of housewife, but also not a typical strong career woman. I wish I could find more balance between my job, my family and myself. You may drop your jaw to know that ‘having a balance life’ is a taboo of my company, my bosses try to avoid discussing this issue and even persuade us to work 24 hours 7 days with the support of passion to market research, but guess what, I plan to be a rule breaker, I want to fight for what I deserve.

Hope this small change could make a big difference!!


*******************************************************
FREEBIESMANIC

I read an interesting article from Marie Clarie (US Feb 05). It is about a crazy experiment of surviving with freebies and free services in one week. The editor experienced all these in 7 days - asked for trial portion snacks and drinks for meals, applied a 7 days pass from a gym and took shower there everyday, wandered in make up store and dabbed all cosmetic, including lip gloss, eye liners, eye shadow, mascara blush on her faces, visited sport equipment store to test the running machine for 30 minutes and put on her own CD player ear phone… and then finally she looked dull and got a serious sore throat. When her doctor asked how come she became sick, the editor said she ‘sampling’ a lot, she wondered if the snacks and starving made her sick, but her doctor believed she was transmitted by the cosmetic she tried in the store.

So ladies, be careful when you try the fancy brand new cosmetic products on your bare face in stores next time!!!

Anyway, I think this experiment is crazy, but hilarious!!

No comments: