Sunday, February 27, 2005

Hong Kong Arts Festivals

Jeff and I saw two extraordinary fascinating performances of Arts Festival in these two weekends, they are 'Johan Padan and the Discovery of America' and 'L'Oratoria d'Aurelia'.

'Johan Padan and the Discovery of America' is a story about how the colonial history of America is narrated by Johan Padan, an unlucky sailor. He got on the ship accidentally and witnessed the conquest of America, he translated the America history in a new perspective.

'L'Oratoria Aurelia' is another imaginative performance, Aurelia is in a wonderland, she could not sure if she falls in love with the curtains or a young man between the curtain. In the performance, every stuff has its life - the red velvet curtains, jackets, shadows, puppets, etc. Who does control the world? We believe we are controlling everything, but maybe actually it is another way round.

Tonight I dyed my hair to brown black colour. Wow, I like how I look now, it make me look more natural than in dark blonde.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the 'L'Oratoria Aurelia',they do the special effect and action with their body , lighting in the stage real time, so wonderful!!
Jeff