Friday, May 20, 2005

Malaysia – Truly Asia

Almost finished my 5 days business trip in Malaysia. You may wish to know what I learnt in this journey. Intellectually, I don’t think I know quite a lot, but physically, I am sure I gain several stones, because in everyday someone paid me a lunch or dinner and I could not refuse to eat.

There is much open and green area in KL than HK, and the air quality is fine. The weather is pretty unstable, but storm comes and leaves fast, and you then will feel the sun shining above your head warmly.

As I am staying in the central business district in KL, I could even see the twin towers from my hotel; the impression that this place gives me is beautiful and prosperous. However, I am sure this country is more than this. Malaysia is a hybrid place of various ethnicities, multi-languages and diversified landscape. Hope I could have chance to explore more.

This is the first time for me to have a formal oversea business trip, and the almost the first time to stay in a hotel room all by myself. In the first night, I scared a lot and could not fall asleep. However, in the next few days, I implemented a 4-pillow policy, i.e. using the 4 pillows to surround me, 1 under my head, 1 under my legs, 2 on each side, then I could have a sound sleep.
Hurray, I will come home tonight. Jeff missed me a lot, and also my family and friends. Just can’t wait to meet you all!

No comments: