Monday, March 06, 2006

A busy week

Last week was really exhaustive for me.

Countless of works and ad hoc tasks adding to the agenda in the early week, then I had an internal presentation on Thursday. I've done the rehearsal three times before head, on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, right before I went bed at mid-night.

Thursday night, Jeff wanted to celebrate with me because I had finish this big task, but lots of unexpected things came up and I had to prepare the annual dinner performance in the next time. I worked until 10:45pm.

Jeff was really frustrated when he travelled from Kowloon Tong to North Point to grab me out of the office. Indeed, he considered if I should quit this job once our baby comes to the world. I also felt really sorry about it.

That night, I could not fall asleep, not even 30 minutes.

On Friday, we had the annual dinner at night. During the day time, I had to do the 'rehearsal' of the performance with Jelly (We formed a team for the 'show'), on top of that, I supposed to finish lots of stuff but could not make it. It was because I was too exhausted, and we had another long company meeting after lunch, then I should go ahead to help the setting around 6pm for the night event with my colleagues.

In order to maintain the really good and natural high mood, I spent the total amount of energy which exceeded the quota, I had not experienced such kind of 'un-recovered' exhaust for a very long time... Luckily, I do feel we all made a good show that night, our effort had not wasted.

On Saturday, we scheduled to moved back to our parent-in-law' house. Luckily Jeff did most of the packaging. I woke up at 7am and rushed to finish my part. The lorry and workers came by 8:30am to pick up all the boxes.

As I am pregnant, Jeff asked me not to stay at the flat, so I went to Pacific Coffee to have a real big breakfast. Poorly I forgot the ask the staff to reheat the sandwich, I just discovered that it was cold after the first bite....

When I sat in the cafe, I almost fell asleep again.

After I went back to parent's home, I literally searched for an empty bed and then dived myself into it and became unconscious for quite a long time.

Well, Sunday, was also living in unpacking, sorting, arranging, falling asleep and eating.

I supposed that last week was the most busiest week, but this week, well.... Today I just know that tonnes of works are already waiting for me. Oh Jesus, when can I have a break?

No comments: