Monday, August 07, 2006

Be prepare

Last Saturday, I helped a tiny old lady taking her trolley up to mini bus, and another old lady to get her seat. Both of them felt so happy and thanked me.

It is a joy to help people and make others happy. Being a girl guide, I always remember our motto - 'Be Prepare!' - Be prepare to help others. When you spread the happiness to other, he/she will pass it forward.

I enrolled to be a girl guide when I was 13 years old, although I am no longer a girl in the blue uniform, I will never forget the pledge I made during the enrolment, this is the promise:

I promise that I will do my best,
to do my duty to God,
to serve Hong Kong,
to help other peoples,
and to keep the guide's law.

East Kowloon 13th company is always my anchor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remembered the promise too!

meiki