Sunday, November 18, 2007

Can the Christmas aroma sustain until Dec 25?

Sorry, maybe there is too much of a cliche, but I worry if I will get sickening by Christmas Carols in the 'actual' Christmas day.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas. That's why I want to save the original flavor and aroma of Christmas as much as possible. However, since everyone is already excited by the festive season right after the Halloween, with the bombardment of Christmas ornaments and Christmas songs everywhere, how can this excitement maintain for two months, at least to me?

Christmas, after all, is a religious festival, to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. I am neither a Catholic nor Christian, but I think we should at least respect others' religions a bit, to remind ourselves the real meaning of the festive season - which should not only be shopping, partying, gift exchange and money burning.

It is just like your friends throw you a birthday party in Karaoke. The place is glamorous - plenty of wine and caviar, confetti blankets the floor, all guests dress gorgeously. However, all of them just got drunk and gone crazyduring the party,no one has ever said 'Happy Birthday to you', and even some of them do not know you are the birthday boy/ girl when they step in the Karaoke room. Isn't it sad?

No comments: