Tuesday, December 06, 2011

A freelancer life

Being a full time mum and a freelancer is a perfect combination of life to me.  I can play the role that God give me responsibly, without losing a trace to my career development.  Of course, the income from the freelance work is much less than before, but at least I enjoy working now, and I have the autonomy to decide how much time I devote to it.

Recently, I received several interesting jobs.  I work as a copywriter for a singer's album - just a poem in the booklet.  It was a no-paid job as I helped my cousin to re-create the writing in the last minutes, but it brings me several upcoming paid tasks, including the brand naming of a new wedding shop.

Tomorrow I will help my friend to work on a product leaflet.  My cousin is working as my partner again.  I worked in marketing field before but my expertise is somehow in market research.  However, I have great interested in this project as we will have photo-shooting and copywriting, hope we can have fun and create quality work for my friend.

As the children are getting older I can spend more time on my career, but I am sure my family will stay on my first priority.  Don't worry my hubby!!

No comments: