Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Challenge

Yesterday I planned to offer a training to the new hirers, then it turned out the three boses put their noses into it and sit in the presentation. It could be a really stressful situation because I didn't expect them to audit it and it was foreseeable that they would challenge me for the sake of challenging me, but I still performed pretty stable, at least my heart did not bounced like a wide horse.

Except, I broke the laser pointer when I played with it nervously.

The presentation was not perfect at all but I think they had positive comment on it, and I do have some important learnings from this whole process... such as... don't try to argue with you audience sometimes, bear in mind that this is not a pure academic discussion like what we did in school, in order to strive for the truth.

Instead, presentation in market research is much more about how to manage your audience and to be aware of the dynamic inside.

I will let them know their salary increment to me is worth!

No comments: