Thursday, January 11, 2007

Don't get us wrong, not everyone wants to marry tycoon

I am annoyed by the Hong Kong media. They think that every girl in Hong Kong is jealous to Cathy Chui because she can tie a knot with Mr. Lee, the son of a tycoon. It seems that the press believes marrying a rich guy is the ultimate goal of all Hong Kong women.

Amy is one of my favorite magazines, but I cannot believe the editors are so shallow... in the current volume they teach readers how to do a make up that can attract sons of billionaires… I feel so disappointed to them.

In Fashion and Beauty magazine Jan 07 vol., the chief editor wishes that all readers can become another Cathy Chui. She really overestimates the number of tycoon in Hong Kong.

Some insurance and financial institutions promote that an education fund for kids is important because Cathy’s parents spent so much to send her to study oversea, in order to cultivate a charming and intellectual lady, and eventually get a chance to marry someone who has good fortune …. Those financial ‘experts’ claim that this is a high return investment because the parents had only spent HK$5,000,000 and then receive more than a billion bride price. What the hell is happening in their mind? What is the ultimate goal of education? What kind of value that Hongkongese commonly believe?

Some newspapers and magazines attack Cathy and her parents and try to convey a message that they are greedy people. Well, I do think marriage is a person’s or two families’ business, can you guys mind your own?

I am not a feminist, but I do think all these tips and information belittled women. We are not born to marry an affluent person, especially nowadays.

It is so disgusting.

3 comments:

Scott McLean said...

Hi! Happy New Year a bit late! Hope you have a great 2007!

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more!!!!!!! What's the point?? First of all, not everyone is eligible to manage this kind of "project". Secondly, even though there are eligible candidates, it doesn't mean that they want to be feeded with golden spoon. HK media is just too funny

I must say, this is not the "happy ever after" kind of story, let's get back to reality and earn the living with your own hands, ladies!

Glo, know who am I?

Anthrokiki said...

Hi 'who am I',

I don't know exactly who you are, but you sound like any of my close friends who knows me well and is a confident person with charming personality, and I guess you are a lady. May I know your name my dear?