Wednesday, April 23, 2008

High maintenance

5 more days then I will turn into 31. Well, it is not that overwhelming comparing to from 29 to 30.

I admit that I am a high maintenance girl. I "invest" a lot in skincare and strictly follow many beauty rituals - scrubbing, toning, deep cleansing, massaging, moisturising, good dieting, etc. My philosophy is it is wiser to spend your money on something that good for your skin than on a brand handbag that spend almost your one month salary. Trust me, most men have no idea whether you are carrying a B.V. bag or L.V. monogram bag.

I do not mean we beautify ourselves for the sake of men's attention. I just think radiant skin is much more attractive than a $18,000 bag with some logos on it.

Another area I "invest" a lot is books. Many years ago I read an article about beautiful women. The author thought many college girls were no longer pretty once they graduated, because they didn't read anymore after they left schools, they were lack of substance in their soul.

Well, I think there are still many girls who do not read but manage to be drop dead gorgeous, but it is not bad to read, I am sure a wise brain can enhance one's beauty, which could not create even by the best liquid foundation in the world.

That's why I read a lot.... I am really shallow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so...did you start to invest skincare for your neck?

u know, I'm thinking about this question lately!

Anthrokiki said...

this is really a tricky question... I know Clarins has a product called Extra firming neck cream, but i don't think there is any different between face cream and neck cream... and it costs more than $500, crazy...

I think massaging is more effective to reduce fine line on neck.