Monday, April 07, 2008

Mickey Mouse's Smile


We spent two days in the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort on April 3-4. Almost everyone in my whole BIG family joined this 'magical journey', except Linus, he is just too small.


The buffet dinner in the first night was amazing. The four Disneyland characters were our hosts - Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. They kept us busy by tickling the kids, taking pictures with us and wandering around. When one of my nephews asked me how come Donald Duck was not there, I explained to him because he didn't work here, he worked in the amusement park.


Then Jeff commented I was politically incorrect because I said Donald Duck WORKED there... it was supposed a wonderland.


Issac, my another nephew, also a junk food monster, was stunned by the chocolate fountain, ice-cream machine and unlimited supply of seaweed... he simply filled his stomach by these throughout the dinner.


We stayed that night in the Victoria Hotel. It was splendid, glamorous and glittery. You could see many beautiful Chinese type oraments perfectly blended into this castle-like hotel. I am not a fan of Disney but I also felt it is impressive, surely I would love to come again.


We went to the park in the next day. Lucas loved the place and he played Merry-go around, the flying Dumbo and the world of Winnie the Pooh with us. A new discovery was we did not need to queue up for the Space Mountain as we played as single rider. Once we passed through the corridor we could get into a cart with a stranger. A lady shared the cart with me screamed a lot, so funny.


When we were driving back home, I was so content. I felt my family was very affluent in all senses, I didn't only mean it in economic term. We are so lucky to have such a complete family. Although I am very naughty and do not always enjoy family gatherings, I totally appreciate my mom-in-law's great effort of pulling all of us together. I hope our next generation will treasure this.

No comments: