Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A greener Kwun Tong


The Urban Renewal Authority had submitted a redevelopment plan of Kwun Tong to the Town Planning Board. It claims that the new design meet the mainstream opinion of residents which had been collected in last two years.


The authority presents the new plan can boost green area up to 30%. 70 old trees will be preserved and 500 new trees planted.


I am so familiar with this old satellite town because my secondary school is located there. I have wandered around Kwun Tong for 7 years. The district is old and packed with people and building like can food. If you ask me the represented colour of Kwun Tong, I will say grey.


However, it does not mean I dislike this place. In opposite, I have a strong feeling to it. This little town is not beautiful, but contains tonnes of my memories - my school life, the swimming pool I used to practice swimming and life saving, old ladies who jumped into the line, the two McDonalds... It means a lot to me.


I do wish The Urban Renewal Authority does consider social concern and resident needs in this project. I do wish Kwun Tong will become much greener and nicer.

2 comments:

Prudence said...

Same feeling as you, Kwun Tong brings me many memories. The indoor recreation centre that I played badminiton, the swimming pool, the library and the......wolf (the terrible ppl who disturbed the girl)!

I'm waiting for the new face of Kwun Tong!

Anthrokiki said...

hahah, talking about those 'wolves', my schoolmates and teachers called the police and arrested one of them.

Well done!!!!!!!!