Monday, April 09, 2007

London Day 5

I want to shake the jet lag from my head in last few days, but I am still in the day dreaming mode in today afternoon.....

That explains why I still could not finish my diary of the London trip in the past 48 hours. Anyway, let try my best to do part of it now.

On the fifth day -

It is my lamest day on this England Island. We made a mistake that the park in the neighborhood is Hyde Park but actually it is Green Park. Anyway, we can reach the real Hyde Park this morning.

Elegant white geese greet us in the fresh early morning air, it is blissful to just sit along the lake side and looking at them playing and mating. Many local residents spend this fair morning to jog with their pets of babies. What a harmonic and beautiful picture. Parks in Hong Kong are nice also, but they are nothing when comparing with this backyard of Buckingham Palace.

Why I say I am so lame today, because in the next station, the National Portrait Gallery, I allow myself to fall asleep in the reading area!!! What can I blame the Gallery? They provide me such a Velvet-like soft one-seat genuine leather sofa in black colour, I do not want to move even my toes once I fall into it. I try to block people viewing me by holding a magazine in front of my face. However, thanks to my team-mate Sam, she video-recorded my sound sleep for 1 minute.

I can't believe I can do this in such a historical and sophisticated place. I guess the video is already in you tube...

Thanks Sam that she makes a wonderful plan for the remaining time of today - We go back to Covent Garden to shop for souvenir and then back to the hotel. I have a strong feeling that Park Lane Mews Hotel is my most favorite place when we arrive there at 5 something. We 'hea' in our room until 7 something and go to the Strait Restaurant again for the dinner.

What a lovely day. I just realize that I am so obsessed in sleeping.

No comments: