Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Save our habitat

I am still suffering from running nose, sneeze and sore throat.

Actually the sickness was not serious, however, thanks to the pollutants we can see by our flesh eyes, they stimulate my respiratory system and I could not get the total recovery for a whole week.

When I look up the grey sky, I ask myself, how come Hong Kong is being like this? Where is our lovely subtropical monsoon climate? What a unbearable habitat we leave for our next generations??

I am thinking, I should do something.

I am going to write an email to Environmental Campaign Committee (ecc.epd.gov.hk) to address my concerns. It is useless for the government to deliver slogans simply from the Blue Sky Campaign but lack of other effective measures, if it still believes protecting our living place will damage the economic development. Do you remember the '888 light out event' in 2006? Mr. Tsang refused to stop the A Symphony of Lights for just one night, his reasons was - it will damage the international status of Hong Kong if we switch off the lights.

My gracious!!!

In long term, I will try my best to convey the concept of 'saving our planet' to the next generation, to write some stories and arrange field trips for them, and to join some Environmental Protection Organization with them.

Personal effort can still make a big difference, it just depends whether you are willing to do it.

No comments: