Thursday, September 13, 2007

Visual bookshelf


I am tidying up the Visual Bookshelf in my facebook. It is an application to show your friends what books you had read, want to read or are reading.


Currently I am reading 'The Nanny's Diaries'. A novel about the part-time nanny, Nanny (this is her name), who is a college student who helps wealthy Mrs. X to take care of her 4 years old kid, Grayer.


Mrs. X is a typical wife of an affluent man, especially in the world of soap opera and novels- doesn't work, doesn't do housework, doesn't raise her own kid, doesn't own her husband solely..... her main 'jobs' are throwing parties, collecting silver plate from Tiffany, having high-tea, etc. Well, sometimes I wonder if this is just a kind of stereotyping we have to all those rich wives?


I have just finished less than half, I read so slow once I have Lucas.

No comments: