Thursday, September 13, 2007

There is no free education

Have just read an article in SCMP 'The high cost of our 'free' education, by Alex Lo, Sep 06, 2007.

His key point is, thanks to the dyfunction of Hong Kong education system, many parents pay huge expenses to tutorial and interest classes for their children - the education in Hong Kong is not free at all.

Our education system has gone through radical revolution for decades, but what we can get from it?

Do you remember how many tutorial classes you attended in Form 5 and Form 7? For me, in Form 7, I joined 4 tutorial courses- Micro/ Macro Economics and Physical/ Human Geography, for the two A-level subjects. Not to mention those super intensive courses before the examination.

Frankly, I do not want my kid to go through the same ridiculuous system as I did.

No comments: