Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Scientific fiction

My 6-year-old nephew Isaac is highly talented in arts.

He loves drawing, music, writing stories and letters (especially love letters to his girl-friends). One night, he drew a picture with the Sun in the centre and the Earth on its orbit, but there was an arrow from the Earth to the Sun. I asked him what it was about.

"The Earth is spinning around and around the Sun and finally it goes into the Sun." He replied.

My jaw dropped. Then I spoke to Isaac, "So how about all human being and animals on the Earth? Are they going to die?"

He lowed down his voice and said, 'they will (be) burn(t)."

"Er....wow.... it is interesting." I was stunned. He had written a catastrophic scientific fiction which does make sense. It is possible for the planet losing its gravity for whatever reason and crashes to the Sun one day!!!

I am totally impressed by his imagination, even though it is a bit pessimistic.

No comments: