Wednesday, March 05, 2008

SCSG, my secondary school







Last Saturday, I managed to go to the Fun Fair of St. Catharine's in the last minute. Jeff and Lucas came along with me, it was the first time Lucas met most of my classmates. He cried fiercely in the first 15 minutes, until someone gave him a big 4WD toy car.


It is so delightful to meet all those familiar faces. I was very upset last week, but once I could see my old friends again, my sadness swept away and everything seemed not a big deal anymore.


The campus is as beautiful as when I graduated, except the new, awkward new building which stands alone at the open area where used to be. Frankly, it totally violates the spacious design of our school, what a shame.


I am always proud of being a 'St. Cat Girl'. We embrace the motto of BRAVE, GENTLE AND SINCERE even we graduated. Another key element of our school is being innovative since it was established, from the campus architectural design - an octagonal hall, to its mission - to nurture female professionals in different fields, and its class names - Mary, Martha, Dorcas, Phoebe, Priscilla and Ruth, which are derived from 6 remarkable women appear in the Bible.



There is a piece of impressive sharing from Mrs. V. Wong, our famous geography teacher in SCSG Old Girls Message Board (http://groups.google.com/group/scsg-old-girls-forum/web/my-sharing-with-old-girls-----wong-sin-shuk-kuen-vicky?hl=zh-TW). In her passage, she reminds her favourite quote 'Be a lady'. Guess what, she asked me to be a lady once when I joked and yelled at my friend in a recess. This article recalls loads of happy memories in my teenage.



SCSG, wish you all the best!!!

No comments: